Tax Partner, Certified Tax Expert
Thomas Linder joined MME in 2015. Due to his long-standing role at a Big-Four advisory firm, including temporary employment in the US, he has broad experience in advising Swiss and foreign companies in international tax matters. He is particularly specialized in leading inter-disciplinary projects in the context of acquisitions, corporate restructurings and migrations and has in-depth knowledge in cross-border transactions and tax accounting.
Thomas has a strong personal national and international network among consultants, enterprises and administrations which, in combination with his comprehensive technical skills, allows him to develop creative, tailor-made and efficient tax structuring solutions. He is regularly publishing and lecturing on current tax topics and is the co-author of several textbooks.
- Domestic and international corporate tax law
- International tax planning, with focus on value chain management (VCM), IP and financing
- Relocations, migrations and transfers of assets and functions inbound as well as outbound, including location evaluation
- Acquisitions and restructurings of privately held and publicly listed companies (M&A, due diligence, integration, contractual clauses, succession planning)
- Tax incentives with regard to research, development and innovation activities (input and output incentives)
- Support of senior management in the areas of tax governance (tax strategy), tax transparency and tax risk management
- Negotiation of advance tax rulings with cantonal and federal tax authorities
- Appeal proceedings and representation in complex tax audits
- Year-end tax planning and calculation of the tax provisions according to IFRS and local GAAP (current and deferred taxes)
- Tax compliance (tax returns, monitoring of deadlines, documentation requirements)
- FinTech / Blockchain / Cryptocurrencies
- Certified tax expert
- University of St. Gallen (lic. iur. HSG)
- since 2015
- Tax Partner at MME
- Tax Director, International Corporate Tax, KPMG AG, Zurich
- Head Swiss Tax Center of Excellence, KPMG LLP, New York City / USA
- Corporate Tax, KPMG AG, Zurich
- Gesellschaft zu Pfistern / Burgergemeinde Bern
- HSG Alumni
- Mensa Switzerland
- Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce, Tax Chapter
- Swiss Branch International Fiscal Association (IFA)
The 'very good' team at MME - Legal | Tax | Compliance regularly advises on tax-efficient restructurings and investments.
MME Legal | Tax | Compliance is co-headed by Samuel Bussmann, Thomas Linder, Andreas Müller and Christoph Rechsteiner. The firm has six partners and three other professionals who offer services in the areas of legal, tax and compliance. The firm assists clients and companies in all tax matters, including VAT and customs.
From the magazine
From CTR III to TP17
After the No-Vote agains Corporate Tax Reform III, the Department of Finance initiates the Tax Proposal 17 to preserve tax competitiveness.
FAQ about CTR III
The result of the public vote from February 12, 2017 throws up a bunch of pressing questions. We provide you with the respective answers and highlight the need for action.All magazine reports
Gaming in Switzerland: overview Gaming Global Guide 2017
Nach USR-III-Debakel: Steuern für Unternehmen abschaffen! Handelszeitung 2017