Tax Partner, Certified Tax Expert
Christoph Rechsteiner joined MME in 2015. During some 20 years of experience in international and national tax consulting he has advised a variety of Swiss and international corporate clients on transactions, relocation projects (to and from Switzerland) as well as on multinational trading-, finance- and holding structures.
His client base ranges from large quoted multinational groups to owner owned businesses and includes business owners, family offices and expatriates.
He is very well connected to the Swiss Federal and several cantonal tax authorities and is an experienced negotiator of tax rulings and the like. He regularly lectures on various tax topics.
- Domestic and international corporate tax law
- International tax planning, with focus on value chain management (VCM), IP and financing
- Relocations, migrations and transfers of assets and functions inbound as well as outbound
- Negotiation of advance tax rulings with cantonal and federal tax authorities
- Appeal proceedings and representation in complex tax audits
- Acquisitions and restructurings of privately held and publicly listed companies (M&A, due diligence, integration, contractual clauses, succession planning)
- Real estate companies, real estate transactions as well as asset swaps (capital gain tax, real estate transfer tax)
- Advice for business owners, family offices and high networth individuals (HNI) in tax matters
- Assistance of employers and employees with regard to international assignments and tax assessment of employee stock option plans
- Estate and gift tax planning
- Year-end tax planning from a tax point of view and calculation of the tax provisions according to IFRS and local GAAP (current and deferred taxes)
- Tax compliance (tax returns, monitoring of deadlines, documentation requirements)
- Certified tax expert
- Certified Fiduciary (Treuhänder mit eidg. Fachausweis)
- since 2015
- Tax Partner at MME
- since 2014
- Member of Communal Tax Assessment Board Döttingen
- Director, Deloitte AG, Zurich
- Member of the Audit Committee Döttingen (president 2010-2013)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers AG, Zurich
- KPMG Fides, Zug
- Swiss Branch International Fiscal Association (IFA)
The ‘very good’ team at MME – Legal | Tax | Compliance regularly advises on tax-efficient restructurings and investments.
Who's who Legal
Corporate Tax: Samuel Bussmann, Andreas Müller, Christoph Rechsteiner
- MME Legal | Tax | Compliance is co-headed by Samuel Bussmann, Thomas Linder, Andreas Müller and Christoph Rechsteiner. The firm has six partners and three other professionals who offer services in the areas of legal, tax and compliance. The firm assists clients and companies in all tax matters, including VAT and customs.
From the magazine
From CTR III to TP17
After the No-Vote agains Corporate Tax Reform III, the Department of Finance initiates the Tax Proposal 17 to preserve tax competitiveness.
FAQ about CTR III
The result of the public vote from February 12, 2017 throws up a bunch of pressing questions. We provide you with the respective answers and highlight the need for action.All magazine reports
Declaration of Company Car in the Salary Certificate 2016
Deklaration Geschäftsfahrzeug im Lohnausweis 2016