Dr. Mónika Molnár
Tax Partner, LL.M. Taxation
Dr. Mónika Molnár joined MME in 2016. She has long-standing experience in the field of national and international indirect taxation (VAT and customs), including acting as indirect tax knowledge manager and national representative for Switzerland at a Big Four advisory firm. Among other aspects, she focuses on advisory services in connection with international VAT and customs duties in cross-border transactions of all types, auditing of existing structures, support with VAT audits and representation of clients in dealings with authorities.
Mónika is a very versed lecturer and author of several publications and textbooks. In addition, she placed her research work at the disposal of the IBFD (International Bureau for Fiscal Documentation) in Amsterdam and continues to act as the Bureau's correspondent for Switzerland and Hungary.
- Domestic and international value added tax (VAT) and customs
- International tax planning, with focus on value chain management (VCM), IP and financing
- Relocations, migrations and transfers of assets and functions inbound as well as outbound
- Insurance premium tax (contract design and refund)
- Real estate companies, real estate transactions as well as asset swaps (VAT)
- Support of senior management in the areas of tax governance (tax strategy), tax transparency and tax risk management
- Negotiation of advance tax rulings with federal VAT and customs authorities
- Domestic and international appeal proceedings and representation in complex tax audits
- Criminal law in VAT and customs matters
- Tax compliance (tax returns, monitoring of deadlines, documentation requirements)
- Zurich University of the Arts, Postgraduate Programme in Curating
- Certified court interpreter of the Canton of Zurich
- University of Berne (LL.M. Taxation)
- Award of the Swiss National Federation; research project
- University of Szeged, Hungary (Dr. lic. iur.)
- since 2016
- Tax Partner at MME
- Treureva AG, Tax Counsel, Zurich
- since 2015
- Head of the certified training course for customs at veb.ch
- since 2010
- IBFD Amsterdam, EU VAT Compass, International VAT Monitor
- Indirect Tax Knowledge Manager, Tax Director, KPMG AG, Zurich
- Institut für Schweizerisches und Internationales Steuerrecht (ISIS)
- Swiss Branch International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- Swiss-Chinese Chamber of Commerce
The ‘very good’ team at MME – Legal | Tax | Compliance regularly advises on tax-efficient restructurings and investments.
MME Legal | Tax | Compliance is co-headed by Samuel Bussmann, Thomas Linder, Andreas Müller and Christoph Rechsteiner. The firm has six partners and three other professionals who offer services in the areas of legal, tax and compliance. The firm assists clients and companies in all tax matters, including VAT and customs.
Women in Tax Leader: Monika Molnar
From the magazine
Crypto Valley Year End Celebration
Great evening with great people: MME invited the community to the Crypto Valley Year End Celebration.
Great Interest from China
The Crypto Team of MME presented in their offices in Zug the newest developments in the area of blockchain technology to a group of Chinese investors.All magazine reports
Customs Valuation: Der revidierte EU-Zollkodex und dessen Auswirkungen für Schweizer Unternehmen - Chaos der Wertdeklarationen im Zollbereich Zoll Revue 1/2016 2016
What Every Trading Company Needs to Know About: Distribution Structures in International Trading - Taxable or Not? Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce, Yearbook 2016/17 2016