Blockchain | FinTech
Crowdfunding, Digital Financial Services, E-Money, Value Cards, Digital Currencies, Bitcoin
The digital revolution has found its way to the financial services industry, disrupting tradi-tional ways of doing business. The same way that Amazon has transformed traditional retail, an increasing number of financial technology (fintech) companies are starting to re-re-invent the way the financial services industry is conducting business.
In order to successfully set up and operate financial technology services in Switzerland, regulatory burdens must be overcome and compliance obligations be met. Our MME Fintech team combines knowledge from a legal, tax and compliance perspective and as-sist you in the management of complex Fintech projects. MME is founding member of the Digital Finance Compliance Association (http://en.dfca.ch/).
MME has set up a team of IT, banking, tax and AML experts jointly providing solutions and expertise for fintech-projects. Whether you are developing, procuring, or investing in fintech, we understand the opportunities and challenges your business can face. We have been supporting clients from across the full fintech spectrum. New technologies, such as distributed ledger technologies (blockchain), are part of our daily business. This assures that our legal expertise is combined with a thorough technical understanding of the technology underlying our client's business models.
Our fintech clients range from established international institutions to some of the world's most innovative startups with the potential to become market disrupters. Our experts re-main in close contact with the authorities (e.g. FINMA) and are heavily involved in regula-tory projects affecting the industry.
We may assist you in:
- Setting up and operating blockchain application (e.g. FIAT/DC und DC/DC exchange services, wallet services, colored coins, DOA's smart contracts, gaming applications)
- Setting up payment, lending, personal finance and wealth management applications
- Setting up crowdfunding applications
- Assist in entering into the Swiss and European market
- Minimising the regulatory burdens for digital financial services
- Dealing with FINMA and self-regulatory organisations
- Setting up FINMA approved compliance schemes
- Dealing with tax, VAT and customs authorities in order to set-up a cost-efficient business model
- Incentives for R&D, IP and other business activities
- E-Money, Digital Currencies and payment card services
- Entering into a fintech partnership (partnership agreements, IT/IP and data ownership /licensing agreements, commercialisation strategies)
- Big data issues, data protection and data security, management of cyber risks
In need of legal or tax advice? We look forward to contacting you.
From the magazine
"Blockchain" is one of the current buzzwords in business-related technology of industry 4.0. However, are you really ready to discuss opportunities and use-cases for your business in detail?
Spotify on Blockchain
Blockchain technology can validate and register transaction without a need for a central authority. Thus, transactional relationships may be managed in a fully automated, secure and transparent way. At the meeting of the IP board of the ZAV on 30 January 2017, Dr. Andreas Glarner explored how blockchain technology and smart contracts could be used to transform how music and films are being distributed.
Digitales Geld für Start-ups
Junge Internet-Firmen finanzieren sich vermehrt über digitale Währungen wie Ether und Bitcoin. In Zug und Zürich stehen ihnen zahlreiche Anwälte und Steuerberater von MME zur Seite.
MME named integral part of Crypto Valley
The Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute has created a map representing the most important players in the international bitcoin and blockchain scene located between Zug and Zurich. MME is proud to be an integral part of that map.
Bitcoin: Basics & Functionality
In his article (in German only), Luzius Meisser explains the history of Crypto Currencies and the principles how they work and what potential the blockchain based technology has. Focusing on Bitcoins, the author aims at providing the unacquainted reader and lawyer with the basic know how to understand the functionality and capability of the distributed ledger technology.
Crowdfunding and Taxation
Crowdfunding – i.e. raising money via online platforms – in Switzerland is still in its infancy. This analysis offers a preliminary overview of possible problem areas and demarcation issues from a taxation standpoint.All magazine reports